Pipeline Construction Work Group Scope
- Enhance the utilization of API 1104 Appendix A by developing clear guidelines and understandable best practices for operators and contractors.
- Identify and resolve the issues between API 5L and 1104 (e.g. dimensional tolerances, mechanical properties, multiple suppliers to a single project) that impact the quality of construction.
- Best practices for the selection and the proper application of field applied coatings will be defined.
- A QMS framework for new pipeline construction will be defined and published in a white paper.
- Construction workers and inspectors need simple but effective training tools to interpret and apply specifications and procedures for field coating and welding. Sample training guidance will be proposed.
- Develop technical guidance for segmenting hot bends and offset weldability.